TERMS & CONDITIONS
All daily rates are based on a calendar day (not a 24-hour day) and include:
- Unlimited kilometres
- GST (New Zealand Government Tax)
- Includes Insurance ($3500 excess if you have an accident)
- Minimum hire period is 7 calendar days
- Short hires are available but extra costs may be incurred
The daily rates for long-term hires are negotiable.
A booking fee of $500 is required to secure the dates of hire (Part of hire and non refundable)
The balance of the hire is due 28 days prior to the commencement of hire. Payment can be made by cash, New Zealand cheque, or credit card (Visa /MasterCard may incur additional 2% fee)
To cover the insurance excess if you accident (per incident), a refundable $3500 bond is required when you pickup the campervan. This is typically a credit card imprint (Visa / Mastercard) or cheque, which is retained by Sunrise Holidays for the period of the hire and only used if you have an accident. The bond is refunded in full when you return the vehicle unless:
- there is damage/loss to the vehicle and/or property or
- the vehicle is returned in unclean condition or
- does not have a full fuel tank.
Options to reduce the excess are:
- The insurance excess can be reduced to $1,500 for an extra payment of $20 per calendar day, or
- The insurance excess can be reduced to$500 for an extra payment of $30 per calendar day
- If damage has occurred we retain the right to hold these details (credit card, cheque or cash) for 28 days after the hire or until such time as all damages or other charges have been paid for
- Insurance Cover does not include personal property, tyre damage or punctures.
Loss of deposit will be incurred with any cancellation. No refunds for unused days whether they are at the beginning or end of the hire.
Once the balance has been paid the following charges will apply
21 days prior to pick up loss of 20% of total rental
8 days or more prior to pick up loss of 50% of total rental
7 days or less prior to pick up 100% of total rental
Pickup / Drop off
On pickup of your campervan you will be met and familiarised with your campervan by a Sunrise Holidays representative in a location of your choice, which is amicable to both parties.
There is a relocation service available and any extra costs will be quoted at the time of booking.
Pickup/Drop-off: Campervans must be returned on the nominated day between the hours of 8am - 5pm unless there has been a prior arrangement with Sunrise Holidays Campervan Hire for extra days.
A driver's licence must be sighted at the time of pickup of all persons who wish to drive the campervan. (Drivers must be over the age of 25 years). An International driver's licence or current driver's licence issued by your own country in english is acceptable.
Problems during the hire
Simply call us 24 x 7 x 365 during your hire and we'll help you work out how we can solve the problem. Our vehicles are all covered by AA roadservice cover for mechainical problems
Mechanical failure or accident: A refund will be given for complete lost days (not the total hire) or a similar vehicle will be supplied if there is availability.
If the client is deemed to be responsible for an accident there is no claim by the client for any days left on the balance of the hire. No liability accepted for alternative arrangements.
If there are any problems they must be reported immediately. Retrospective claims will not be recognised.
The campervans are not permitted to drive on roads which are signposted as unsuitable for certain types of vehicles as well as beaches and accesses to riverbeds in the North & South Island.
Supply: If for reasons beyond our control the reserved vehicle cannot be supplied on pickup, a substitute will be offered. Should a substitute not be available our liability is limited to a full refund of monies received by Sunrise Holidays Campervan Hire.