USEFUL INFORMATION FOR MOTORHOME RENTAL & RV HIRE IN NZ
These are the things you should know when planning your Sunrise Holidays motorhome rental / RV hire adventure in New Zealand...
Whether you choose to pick up your campervan hire from Auckland, Christchurch, or somewhere else you should allow plenty of time before you begin your journey:
- When you collect your van, you will be met by one of the company owners who will show you through your motor home, explain all the features and demonstrate the equipment on board and fulfil legal requirements for your trip.
- Flights can be delayed, getting through customs can sometimes take a while
- You will need to get some groceries
- You don't want to miss the attractions of your pick up town
- For these reasons, we recommend you plan to stay somewhere close to your pick up point the first night
Once you are on the road allow plenty of time to get where you are going:
- NZ open road speed is 100km per hour (although this is 90km in our motorhomes) and we drive on the left-hand side of the road. A lot of the roads, especially in the South Island are hilly and windy. In a campervan you will probably average about 60km per hour. Don't plan to do 100's of kms a day like you could in other countries which are covered in motorways.
- There is a lot to see and do, photo opportunities, walks, rivers and lakes – you are on holiday – take it easy.
The nature of a campervan holiday is to give you the freedom and flexibility to do what you want when you want. However, to get the most out of your trip we recommend that you do some planning. Once you have booked your Sunrise Holidays campervan we will give you access to lots of useful information to help you plan your holiday. This information includes:
- Suggested itineraries and routes
- Links to the best sites for detailed regional information
Conservation Campsite Pass
- Support conservation
- Experience the natural beauty of NZ
- 100 Department of Conservation campsites
- One convenient pass